A regular meeting of the Board of Trustees of the Butte-Meade Sanitary Water District was held at the District Office on April 20, 2022 at 8:00 a.m., led by the Pledge of Allegiance. The meeting was called to order by the President of the Board, Bob Lewis at 8:00 a.m.
Unless otherwise noted, all Board action was by unanimous decision.
Members Present: Bob Lewis, Gary Velder, Penny Oedekoven, Richard Harmon, Judy Heisler, Mike Wolff and Dallas Conner.
Motion by Bob Lewis, second Judy Heisler to adopt the agenda, motion carried.
The Minutes of the regular March 9, 2022 meeting were read and approved on a motion by Richard Harmon and second by Gary Velder. Motion carried.
The Treasurer’s Report and bills were approved on a motion by Judy Heisler, second Richard Harmon. Motion carried.
- Office Updates – Office Manager training will be held May 17 & 18 in Pierre. Classes are free; the only cost will be for meals, lodging & travel. On a motion by Gary Velder, second Bob Lewis, to approve attendance for Dallas Conner. Motion passes.
- Dallas presented forms to use for employee reviews. The board will look them over and changes will be discussed at the next meeting.
- New server – Supply issues has delayed the server installation until July or August.
- First reading of Ordinance No 1-2022 – An ordinance amending Butte-Meade Sanitary District Ordinance No 1-2018 – Water Rates. Motion by Judy Heisler, second by Richard Harmon to approve the first reading of Ordinance No 1-2022.
- Line east of town has resolved low/no water issues.
- The District has at least 6 new taps to install.
- Palo Road construction is completed and Orman Road is nearly done.
- Looking for site for new well, currently considering 2 different areas.
- Vaughn Plumbing installed the new heater in the new shop. Olson Propane will look over the used tank. If it checks out fine, Mike will move forward with the purchase.
- New location for the well is moving forward.
- Mike stated there is a newer truck in Rapid that would replace an existing truck the district owns, but needs replaced. On a motion by Penny Oedekoven, second by Richard Harmon, to approve the purchase up to $16,500. Mike & Bob will make plans to look at it in the next few days.
Motion by Judy Heisler, second Richard Harmon, the meeting was adjourned at 8:50 am.