Butte Sanitary Meade Water District - Minutes of the Board of Trustees
Butte & Meade Counties
August 10, 2022
A regular meeting of the Board of Trustees of the Butte-Meade Sanitary Water District was held at the District Office on August 10, 2022 at 8:00 a.m., led by the Pledge of Allegiance. The meeting was called to order by Vice President of the Board, Penny Oedekoven at 8:00 a.m.
Unless otherwise noted, all Board action was by unanimous decision.
Members Present: Gary Velder, Penny Oedekoven, Richard Harmon, Judy Heisler, Don Hunt and Dallas Conner.
Motion by Richard Harmon, second Gary Velder to adopt the agenda, motion carried.
The Minutes of the regular July 13, 2022 meeting were read and approved on a motion by Judy Heisler and second by Richard Harmon. Motion carried.
The Treasurer’s Report and bills were approved on a motion by Judy Heisler, second Gary Velder. Motion carried.
- Water Deposit- The water deposits have been reconciled and more addresses have been found. Gary Velder moved to start refunding deposits, second by Richard Harmon. Motion passed.
- Shut Off & final bill policy – Discussion held on current policy for shut off & final billing. Motion by Gary Velder to bill the final bill just like any other month with the only prorating to occur at 1,000 & 2,000 gallons and that is to be a portion of the minimum and not billed by gallons used. Second by Judy Heisler, motion passed. Dallas will work on getting the policy in place.
- Insurance renewal – Calls were made to a few insurance agencies to inquire on rate increases. The proposed increase is in line with the current economy. Motion by Gary Velder, second by Richard Harmon to accept the renewal from Wellmark BCBS. Motion passed.
- Wages for 2023 were discussed; final decision will be made at the September meeting.
- 2023 Budget – First reading of the 2023 budget was held.
- Office Update: Waiting on an estimate to fix the sill plate & to level & reinforce the main office floor.
- Don has been released for light duty following his knee surgery. Mike Wolff would like to donate 50 hours of personal leave to Don for continued physical therapy and other appointment. Motion by Judy Heisler, second by Gary Velder to transfer 50 hours of leave from Mike Wolff to Don Hunt. Motion passed.
- Mike would like to purchase a 2009 Ford Ranger for $3,900. This will save mileage and wear and tear on the other vehicles. Motion by Penny Oedekoven, second by Gary Velder to move forward with the purchase. Motion passed.
- Mike will meet with Midwest Assistance to go over the system. This is a requirement for the state water plan.
- There was a main break on Beet Road, and a few minor leaks fixed the last month.
- Lead/Cooper Rules are becoming clearer. We will need to do an inventory of the system to identify issues. Mike will be watching a webinar put on by the EPA to go over what must be done.
- AC at the Vale Well is now installed and operational.
Motion by Richard Harmon, second Judy Heisler, the meeting was adjourned at 9:10 am.
ATTEST: Dallas Conner Bob Lewis
Clerk-Treasurer President of the Board
ATTEST: Dallas Conner Clerk-Treasurer
Bob Lewis President of the Board