Butte Meade Water District - Minutes of the Board of Trustees
Butte & Meade Counties
August 16 , 2023
A regular meeting of the Board of Trustees of the Butte-Meade Sanitary Water District was held at the District Office on August 16, 2023, at 8:00 a.m., led by the Pledge of Allegiance. The meeting was called to order by the President of the Board, Bob Lewis at 8:00 a.m.
Unless otherwise noted, all Board action was by unanimous decision.
Members Present: Bob Lewis, Gary Velder, Penny Oedekoven, Judy Heisler, Richard Harmon, Mike Wolff, and Dallas Conner.
Motion by Bob Lewis, second by Gary Velder to adopt the agenda with the addition of Blackburn Basement repairs in Old Business. Motion carried.
The Minutes of the regular July 12, 2023, meeting were presented and approved on a motion by Judy Heisler, second by Richard Harmon. Motion carried.
The Treasurer’s Report and bills were approved on a motion by Judy Heisler, second Richard Harmon. Motion carried.
- Set wages for 2024 Budget – Discussion was held. The board went into executive session at 8:22 a.m. on a motion by Penny Oedekoven, seconded by Judy Heisler. Motion carried. The board came out of executive session at 8:30 a.m. A motion by Judy Heisler to approve the wages as follows, seconded by Richard Harmon. Motion carried.
District Manager – $43.35
Assistant District Manager – $31.00
Operator – $29.20
Office Manager – $37.40
Billing Clerk – $22.00
- Director’s compensation for 2024 – Dallas Conner presented information from the annual survey prepared by SDARWS. Current director’s compensation is a minimum of $150/meeting. Discussion was held. Motion by Judy Heisler, seconded by Gary Velder to change the director compensation to $150/meeting starting in 2024. Motion carried.
- 2024 Budget – Discussion was held on the proposed 2024 Budget. Motion by Penny Oedekoven, second by Gary Velder to approve proposed budget. Motion carried.
- Western Dakota Regional Water System Annual Meeting – Information was presented on the time & place of the annual meeting. All are welcome to attend. Richard Harmon, Mike Wolff, Todd Williamson and Dallas Conner will all attend. Dallas will RSVP for the group.
Office Manager Report:
- District Policy updates – Dwight Gubbrud had recommended The District update District Policies. Dallas will get firm recommendation from Dwight but would like a few board members to be involved in the changes presented to the board. Richard Harmon and Judy Heisler volunteered for the committee. Dallas will proceed with Dwight and will meet with Richard & Judy to discuss.
- Lead Service Line – BMSWD will be sending out a Lead Service Line Survey that is required by the State of South Dakota. Discussion was held on incentives for customers to complete. Motion by Richard Harmon, second by Gary Velder to offer a $10 bill credit to those that complete the survey themselves. Motion passed.
- Parade – The District will have an entry in the Labor Day Parade. If you would like to participate, line up will be on the north side of town at 9:30.
- Blackburn Basement – Mike has talked with them; the repairs are scheduled for this fall.
- Land Purchase – Closing on land August 22, 2023, at 9:00 a.m. Motion by Gary Velder, second by Richard Harmon to allow Mike Wolff to sign at closing. Motion passed.
- There was a main break near Dunn’s. This was fixed and the Vale Tank is gaining water and no additional isses.
- There was a main break near Belle Fourche. This was fixed and there have been no additional issues.
- Telemetry System on the Vale System is having issues. Mike & Jack Johnson worked on it and it seems to be fixed.
- Mike & Todd attended a Lead Service Line Class in St Onge. Todd has taken the lead on this and is working with CharLee & Dallas to get the requirements met.
- Need to order Hydraulic Hoses for the Skid Steer.
- Hope to open bids for the new well in the next month.
Motion by Penny Oedekoven, second Judy Heisler, the meeting was adjourned at 9:30 am.
ATTEST: Dallas Conner Bob Lewis
Clerk-Treasurer President of the Board
ATTEST: Dallas Conner Clerk-Treasurer
Bob Lewis President of the Board