A regular meeting of the Board of Trustees of the Butte-Meade Sanitary Water District was held at the District Office on February 9, 2022 at 8:00 a.m., led by the Pledge of Allegiance. The meeting was called to order by the President of the Board, Bob Lewis at 8:00 a.m.
Unless otherwise noted, all Board action was by unanimous decision.
Members Present: Bob Lewis, Gary Velder, Penny Oedekoven, Richard Harmon, Judy Heisler, Mike Wolff and Dallas Conner.
Motion by Bob Lewis, second Gary Velder to adopt the agenda, motion carried.
The Minutes of the regular January 12, 2022 meeting were read and approved on a motion by Judy Heisler and second by Richard Harmon. Motion carried.
The Treasurer’s Report and bills were approved on a motion by Judy Heisler, second Gary Velder. Motion carried.
- Office Updates – New central printer was installed on January 19, it is working well and the transition has been smooth.
- Employee Handbook – The updated handbook was received and sent to the board members. Bob Lewis wants the handbook sent to the District attorney before approval. Dallas Conner will send it to Dwight and action will take place at the next meeting.
- Loans – Dallas Conner gave an update on the interest rates on loans & savings accounts. Gary Velder made a motion to pay the First National Bank loan off from the checking account balance. Penny Oedekoven seconded the motion, motion passed.
- Almost done with the 14,000 foot of line east of town.
- Mike flushed the Vale lines after several complaints of rusty water. Will flush again but may need to drain and clean the sediment from the tank.
- Going to watch Vale loss for another month. There could be some reporting issues that need to be looked into.
- Hit a deer with the new white pickup. Will get it into a body shop and repaired as soon as they are able to get it scheduled. Will surplus the old pickup after that is done.
- New command link was purchased as the one we have been using is not working all the time.
- Quote for propane heater of the shop is $4500 for the system and approximately $500 for a tank. Bob Lewis moved for Mike to move forward with the project. Judy Heisler seconded the motion, motion passed
Motion by Gary Velder, second Richard Harmon, the meeting was adjourned at 9:30 am.