Butte Meade Water District - Minutes of the Board of Trustees
Butte & Meade Counties
July 12, 2023
A regular meeting of the Board of Trustees of the Butte-Meade Sanitary Water District was held at the District Office on July 12, 2023, at 8:00 a.m., led by the Pledge of Allegiance. The meeting was called to order by the President of the Board, Bob Lewis at 8:00 a.m.
Unless otherwise noted, all Board action was by unanimous decision.
Members Present: Bob Lewis, Gary Velder, Penny Oedekoven, Judy Heisler, Mike Wolff, and Dallas Conner.
Motion by Penny Oedekoven, second by Gary Velder to adopt the agenda with the addition of Blackburn Basement repairs in Old Business. Motion carried.
The Minutes of the regular June 14, 2023, meeting was read and approved on a motion by Judy Heisler, second by Richard Harmon. Motion carried.
The Treasurer’s Report and bills were approved on a motion by Gary Velder, second Penny Oedekoven. Motion carried.
- Blackburn Basement – A bid was received for the total crawlspace repair as no subcontractor was available or able to take on the project. Motion by Penny Oedekoven to accept the bid from Blackburn of $46,554.47 for the crawlspace repair, second by Judy Heisler. Motion carried.
- Insurance Renewal – Dallas Conner presented insurance renewal options. Motion by Penny Oedekoven to go with the Enhanced Blue 3000 plan, second by Richard Harmon. Motion carried.
- Surcharge for different billing style – There have been a few inquiries into having prior billing styles sent out. Motion by Judy Heisler, seconded by Penny Oedekoven to charge $5.00 for billing invoice other than the postcard. Motion carried.
Office Manager Report:
- A flag, bracket & pole have been ordered and will be installed as soon as it comes in.
- Discussion held on disgruntled customer shut off for nonpayment.
- Leak on River Loop Road was fixed
- Todd Williamson picked up the trailer in Huron from surplus. It will work great for the equipment.
- Generator is being worked on, it will need an external fuel tank.
- Dwight is working on the paperwork to close on the ground for the new well.
- The landscaping that will need to be done around the building will be done by Butte-Meade. It will be completed when the crawlspace is done.
- Todd Williamson & Mike Wolff with attend a Lead/Cooper class on 7/13/23.
- There are a few taps to complete in the next month.
Motion by Bob Lewis, second Gary Velder, the meeting was adjourned at 8:50 am.
ATTEST: Dallas Conner Bob Lewis
Clerk-Treasurer President of the Board
ATTEST: Dallas Conner Clerk-Treasurer
Bob Lewis President of the Board