A regular meeting of the Board of Trustees of the Butte-Meade Sanitary Water District was held at the District Office on March 9, 2022 at 8:00 a.m., led by the Pledge of Allegiance. The meeting was called to order by the President of the Board, Bob Lewis at 8:00 a.m.
Unless otherwise noted, all Board action was by unanimous decision.
Members Present: Bob Lewis, Gary Velder, Penny Oedekoven, Richard Harmon, Judy Heisler, Mike Wolff and Dallas Conner.
Motion by Bob Lewis, second Gary Velder to adopt the agenda, motion carried.
The Minutes of the regular February 9, 2022 meeting were read and approved on a motion by Judy Heisler and second by Gary Velder. Motion carried.
The Treasurer’s Report and bills were approved on a motion by Bob Lewis, second Richard Harmon. Motion carried.
- Office Updates – New office employee, CharLee Bachman has started. Things are going well.
- Employee Handbook – The updated handbook was sent to Dwight Gubbrud for review. He had a few changes he felt needed to be made. Those changes were made & a new draft was sent to the board for final review. Motion by Gary Velder, second by Richard Harmon, to approve the new Employee Handbook as presented.
- Mike Wolff & Dallas Conner presented information to the board regarding current water rates for customers using over 30,000 gallons per billing cycle. Motion by Bob Lewis, second by Gary Velder to raise the rate from $3.00/1,000 gallons to $3.25/1,000 gallons for usage over 30,000 gallon per billing cycle. First reading for the proposed ordinance will be at the April meeting.
- Done with the 14,000 foot of line east of town. The line is charged, just waiting on water samples to open line.
- 4 system leaks last week, 1 on Einfeldt Rd & 3 on Viken Rd.
- Orman Rd & Palo Rd tie-ins complete.
- The District contract tank cleaning every three years. Mido Diving & Marine Services has been contracted to perform this on the Shaykett, Vale & Simmons tanks for $5688.00
- Dakota Pump is scheduled to replace the manifold on the Bean well.
- Inventory is up at 12/31/2021, due to price increases.
- Flushing on the Vale & Bean lines has occurred the last week. Water loss will be up next month because of this.
- Looking for site for new well, currently considering 2 different areas.
Motion by Judy Heisler, second Richard Harmon, the meeting was adjourned at 8:50 am.