A regular meeting of the Board of Trustees of the Butte-Meade Sanitary Water District was held at the District Office on May 12th, 2021 at 8:00 a.m., led by the Pledge of Allegiance. The meeting was called to order by the President of the Board, Bob Lewis at 8:02 a.m.
Unless otherwise noted, all Board action was by unanimous decision.
Members Present: Bob Lewis, Gary Velder, Judy Heisler, Penny Oedekoven , Hope Komes Clerk Treasurer, Mike Wolff, District Manager. Absent: Brian Stambaugh.
Motion by Gary Velder, second Bob Lewis to adopt the agenda, motion carried.
The Minutes of the regular April 14th, 2021 meeting were read and approved on a motion by Gary Velder, second Bob Lewis. All voted yea.
The Treasurer’s Report and bills were approved on a motion by Bob Lewis, second Gary Velder, motion carried.
- Independent Audit will be arriving the week of May 17th to begin the yearly audit.
- Surplus items will be offered up for auction on May 29th during one of Jerry Casteel’s autions.
- Handbook is still being explored.
- Updated work agreements will be signed at the June 9th, 2021 board meeting.
- Butte Meade will be receiving a refund from SDARWS in the amount of $311.28 due to overpayments.
Manager Wolff‘s Report:
- Western Dakota Water Development District will possibly be piping Missouri water near our area. This will not occur for at least 20 plus years. However, we do need to explore this for future use.
- The bore has begun near the Arpan area.
- FMG is still working on the hydraulic study but does have the model up and running.
- Model is displaying a need for a new well within 3-5 years.
- Model is also showing that several lines will need to be replaced or upgraded.
- Possibly additional tanks could be needed.
- There is 1.6 billion dollars of Covid-19 monies are available. We have submitted a letter of need, along with several other rural water systems, which will be given to the Governor for her review.
- New taps to be installed.
- New meters are on back order. Possibility of purchasing 50 used meters from Bear Butte Waters.
- New motor has been installed at the Reid Well.
- New pump for the Reid Well; once we decide to upgrade this, we might choose to go with a stainless steel pump as the longevity is better.
- 2” pipe is on back order for a project that needs to be completed east of town. May have to purchase a higher quality pipe at .10 cents per foot more in order to complete this project.
On a motion by Bob Lewis, second Penny Oedekoven, the meeting was adjourned at 9:30 am.