A regular meeting of the Board of Trustees of the Butte-Meade Sanitary Water District was held at the District Office on October 14th, 2021 at 9:30 a.m., led by the Pledge of Allegiance. The meeting was called to order by the President of the Board, Bob Lewis at 9:30 a.m.
Unless otherwise noted, all Board action was by unanimous decision.
Members Present: Bob Lewis, Gary Velder, Penny Oedekoven, Richard Harmon, Mike Wolff, Dallas Conner. Judy Heisler was absent.
Gary Velder asked to add discussion on delinquent account to the agenda. Motion by Gary Velder, second Bob Lewis to adopt the agenda, motion carried.
The Minutes of the regular September 8th, 2021 meeting were read and approved. Motion by Gary Velder and second by Bob Lewis. Motion carried.
The Treasurer’s Report and bills were approved on a motion by Gary Velder, second Bob Lewis, motion carried.
- Employee Handbook – Bob brought information given to him. Dallas will go over and start updating.
- ACH, Dallas Conner updated the board on ACH. The billing software has the capability to do this. Just waiting for the bank to get it setup. Amanda from First National Bank said it should be ready early next week.
- SDARWS Office Training – There is an Office Manager meeting in Watertown October 19th& 20th. Gary Velder moved to send Dallas to the training and reimburse for mileage, hotel & per diem, seconded by Penny Oedekoven, motion passed.
- Dallas updated the board on changes in the office. Filing of all prior year invoices, reports, ect is almost complete. She is looking into the cost of a postage machine and double window envelopes instead of the postage paid window envelopes currently used. The board granted her permission to move forward with changes that will save the District money and be more efficient.
- Delinquent accounts – Gary had questions on how delinquent accounts are handled and had concerns on the amount outstanding. Mike and Dallas went of the policy for late accounts and how late fees are applied. The board agreed it is appropriate and no further action is needed.
Manager Wolff‘s Report:
- State Water Plan – Mike reported on getting the District on the State Water Plan for upcoming projects. On a motion by Richard Harmon and seconded by Gary Velder the board voted to move forward. Motion passed
- Vale well is having power issues. Black Hills Energy is working to resolve.
- Sales are almost 21.5 million gallons ahead of last year at this time.
- There have been no major leaks the last month.
Motion by Gary Velder, second Bob Lewis, the meeting was adjourned at 10:30 am.