A regular meeting of the Board of Trustees of the Butte-Meade Sanitary Water District was held at District Office on September 9, 2020 at 8:00 a.m. The meeting was called to order by the President of the Board, Bob Lewis, at 8:04 a.m. Unless otherwise noted, all Board action was by unanimous decision.
Members Present: Bob Lewis, Brian Stambaugh, Penny Oedekoven, Judy Heisler, Gary Velder, Merri Stapp, Clerk Treasurer, Mike Wolff, District Manager, Hope Komes, Billing Clerk. Absent: None.
Motion by Gary Velder, second Brian Stambaugh to adopt the agenda as amended. All voted yea.
Manager Wolff presented his monthly repair and maintenance report which included:
*Bore work done recently, some work still in progress.
* The pipe is in for the emergency “Beet Road” project. Manager Wolff obtained verbal estimates, with the job to be done by Mangis Construction as soon as possible, hopefully by October 1,, 2020. The cost looks like it will be around $ 21,000. The District will provide 2 men to assist with the project.
* The District recently received recognition from SD DENR for Excellence in Drinking Water for 19 years.
* Arpan line new hookups that may want service and the line/valve adjustments that would need to be made to provide the service.
*Riverside Trailor Court is re-doing their own lines. There is a question about the location of the meter pit.
*Received prices on the modular telemetry units/relay info for the Operators phones. 2 units will be installed at a cost of $ 7248.00, with an additional 400.00 per year for the 2 units.
* Leaks repaired during the past month.
* Some adjustments may be needed on the Owl Creek line relocate, the District engineer will be discussing details with Manager Wolff.
Manager Wolff out of the office at 8:47 am.
The Minutes of the August 12, 2020 were read and approved on a motion by Brian Stambaugh, second Judy Heisler. All voted yea.
The Treasurer’s Report and bills were approved on a motion by Brian Stambaugh, second Bob Lewis. All voted yea.
On a motion by Brian Stambaugh, second Judy Heisler, Independent Audit Services PC was engaged to do the 2020 annual audit of District books. All voted yea.
Billing Clerk Komes in at 9:05 to go over the various billing formats the new billing software, Banyon, can provide. On a motion by Brian Stambaugh, second Gary Velder, the District will use the postcard type bills, provided we can get all the information on one card for the customers that have numerous accounts. Billing Clerk Komes will check with Banyon to make sure that is possible. Hope Komes out at 9:09 am
Motion Judy Heisler, second Brian Stambaugh the Board entered into executive session at 9:10 am. (SDCL 1-25-2. (4) All voted yea. President Lewis declared the Board out of executive session at 9:35 am.
The Board informed Clerk-Treasurer Stapp that they would have a response to her Employee Grievance form filed May13, 2020 by the October meeting.
On a motion by Brian Stambaugh, second Judy Heisler the meeting was adjourned at 9:45 am.
Merri Stapp Bob Lewis
Clerk-Treasurer President of the Board