A regular meeting of the Board of Trustees of the Butte-Meade Sanitary Water District was held at the District Office on September 8th, 2021 at 8:00 a.m., led by the Pledge of Allegiance. The meeting was called to order by the President of the Board, Bob Lewis at 8:05 a.m.
Unless otherwise noted, all Board action was by unanimous decision.
Members Present: Bob Lewis, Gary Velder, Penny Oedekoven, Judy Heisler, Richard Harmon, Mike Wolff, Dallas Conner.
Motion by Bob Lewis, second Gary Velder to adopt the agenda, motion carried.
The Minutes of the regular August 11th, 2021 meeting were read and approved with a correction to the title for Dallas Conner, her title should include Office Manager. Motion by Judy Heisler and second by Gary Velder. Motion carried.
The Treasurer’s Report and bills were approved on a motion by Judy Heisler, second Gary Velder, motion carried.
- Discuss unused vacation & personal days for Hope Komes. Motion by Judy Heisler to pay Hope for 40 hours of vacation, second Gary Velder. Motion carried.
- 2022 Budget, Dallas Conner presented the 2022 budget. Motion by Gary Velder, second Judy Heisler. Motion carried.
- Employee handbook. Bob Lewis will bring material & notes from Dwight Gubbrud to the office. Dallas will work on updating the employee handbook as needed.
- Raise for part-time employee. Dallas reported on part-time employee and discussed need to raise wage. Motion by Gary Velder to raise part-time office wage to $12.50 per hour for current part-time office help, second by Richard Harmon. Motion carried.
- ACH. Dallas Conner asked for the board for approval to gather information to add the ACH module to the current system. The board agreed with the need to move forward and asked her to gather info for the next meeting.
Manager Wolff‘s Report:
- New Vale Line is delivered. Will start work in 3 to 4 weeks.
- There were 2 main breaks the last month, both have been repaired.
- Sales are almost 19 million gallons ahead of last year at this time.
- The August reading and billing went well with the office in transition.
- In the coming month the operators will winterize the Reid well and complete locates for the 2 upcoming bridge projects. MDU is still working on Helmer Road.
- New pickup is here. Mike didn’t buy the one he initially went to look at. Instead purchased a similar vehicle that he felt was more appropriate for less money.
- Mike discussed with the board a possible new customer just outside of the current boundary. Board decided to consider future customers on a case by case basis.
Motion by Bob Lewis, second Gary Velder, the meeting was adjourned at 9:00 am.