Butte Sanitary Meade Water District - Minutes of the Board of Trustees
Butte & Meade Counties
November 9, 2022
A regular meeting of the Board of Trustees of the Butte-Meade Sanitary Water District was held at the District Office on November 9, 2022 at 8:00 a.m., led by the Pledge of Allegiance. The meeting was called to order by President of the Board, Bob Lewis at 8:00 a.m.
Unless otherwise noted, all Board action was by unanimous decision.
Members Present: Bob Lewis, Gary Velder, Penny Oedekoven, Judy Heisler, Richard Harmon, Mike Wolff and Dallas Conner.
Motion by Bob Lewis, second Gary Velder to adopt the agenda, motion carried.
The Minutes of the regular October 10, 2022 meeting were read and approved on a motion by Judy Heisler and second by Richard Harmon. Motion carried.
The Treasurer’s Report and bills were approved on a motion by Penny Oedekoven, second Judy Heisler. Motion carried.
- Surplus Chevy pickup & Ford truck – Notices will be published soon and bids will be opened next meeting.
- SDARWS – Dallas gave an update on the office training. Topics discussed included mental health effects on work relations, worker’s comp procedures, employee retention and a tour of Maguire Iron.
- PFAS lawsuit – Mike updated the board on a lawsuit against makers of PFAS. Motion by Gary Velder, second by Richard Harmon to move forward with the paperwork.
- Gregory Pump Storage Facility – $2 Billion energy project on the Missouri River.
- All water sampling is done for the year.
- Traced line at new bridge, 4 foot of coverage over line.
- Several new taps completed the past month. 5 more pits came in.
- Having track issues on the excavator, it is in the shop & the guys are working on it.
Motion by Judy Heisler, second Gary Velder, the meeting was adjourned at 9:00 am.
ATTEST: Dallas Conner Bob Lewis
Clerk-Treasurer President of the Board
ATTEST: Dallas Conner Clerk-Treasurer
Bob Lewis President of the Board