Butte Sanitary Meade Water District - Minutes of the Board of Trustees
Butte & Meade Counties
September 19, 2022
A regular meeting of the Board of Trustees of the Butte-Meade Sanitary Water District was held at the District Office on September 19, 2022 at 8:00 a.m., led by the Pledge of Allegiance. The meeting was called to order by President of the Board, Bob Lewis at 8:00 a.m.
Unless otherwise noted, all Board action was by unanimous decision.
Members Present: Bob Lewis, Gary Velder, Penny Oedekoven, Richard Harmon, Judy Heisler, Mike Wolff and Dallas Conner.
Motion by Gary Velder, second Penny Oedekoven to adopt the agenda, motion carried.
The Minutes of the regular August 10, 2022 meeting were read and approved on a motion by Penny Oedekoven and second by Judy Heisler. Motion carried.
The Treasurer’s Report and bills were approved on a motion by Bob Lewis, second Gary Velder. Motion carried.
- 202 Wages – Discussion was held. Bob Lewis moved to set 2023 wages as follow second by Judy Heisler. Motion carried.
District Manager – $41.69
Operator – $28.06
Office Manager – $$35.98
Billing Clerk – $16.74
Assistant Billing Clerk – $16.04
- 2023 Budget – Discussion was held on the proposed 2023 Budget. Motion by Bob Lewis, second Gary Velder, motion carried.
- Final Billing Policy – Dallas presented the Final Billing Policy drafted by legal counsel, Dwight Gubbrud. Motion by Richard Harmon and second by Judy Heisler, motion carried.
- Late Fees – Discussion was held on the current late fee procedure. The board set late fees to incur on amounts owing for water over $30 unless a payment plan is in place.
- NSF Fees – Discussion was held on the current NSF policy. A $20.00 will be added every time funds are return.
Office Manager Update:
- Office Manager Training will be held October 11 – 12, 2022 in Sioux Falls. Motion by Gary Velder, second by Bob Lewis to have Dallas Conner attend. Motion passed.
- Fruitdale had a bad water sample. Butte-Meade has to send a sample in from that line. That will be done September 19, and will be taken to Rapid.
- The District received paperwork on the State Water Plan. Mike contacted Bill Lass & Jason Pettyjohn, they will resolve with the state.
- The District had a few leaks they fixed the past month.
- There are 5 or 6 taps that need to be installed this fall.
- The operators will be locating the 8 inch main by Orman, it will be marked with GIS.
- Mike picked on the 2009 Ford Ranger for $3,900. While there, he looked at a 2005 FL 80. Would like to take Bob Lewis to go look at it as a replacement vehicle for the District.
- After the tanks were cleaned, there was rusty water in the Vale area. Don Hunt flushed the lines for 4 nights. This cleaned up the problem. We are still waiting on the tank inspection reports.
Motion by Judy Heisler, second Richard Harmon, the meeting was adjourned at 9:00 am.
ATTEST: Dallas Conner Bob Lewis
Clerk-Treasurer President of the Board
ATTEST: Dallas Conner Clerk-Treasurer
Bob Lewis President of the Board